The PhD program is centered in the development of knowledge through the systematic evaluation of evidence related to the health and well-being of individuals and groups. The overall goals of the program are to develop well-trained individuals who think creatively, are able to evaluate critically (both their own work and that of others), and are capable of conducting research and scholarship at the forefront of their chosen field. Students have the opportunity to participate in an individualized program of study, including mentorship-style learning and concentrated inquiry in an area of interest.
- Behavioural and population health
- Health biosciences
- Social and cultural health studies
- September (full-time or part-time)
- Thesis – 12 terms (4 year)
This program is funded for the defined length above as outlined on our financial page.
- February 15th
- This program is no longer accepting applicants for 2022 entry.
- Applications are expected to open in October for 2023 entry.