Welcome to the Developmental Processes in Health and Well-Being Lab!
Broadly, we are interested in understanding risk and resilience factors in health and well-being across the lifespan with a specific focus on perfectionism in children and youth. Some research questions that we seek to answer include:
- How do young people define, express, and experience perfectionism?
- How do parents of young perfectionists understand and experience perfectionism?
- How do educators experience and understand perfectionism among their students?
- How are personality characteristics, such as perfectionism, related to key outcomes such as relationship functioning and health and well-being in adolescents, parents, and educators?
- From a lifespan perspective, do the associations between personality and adjustment or between personality and well-being vary as a function of the developmental period?