Students of the MIWSFPA are members of the arts and culture community in downtown St. Catharines. Here are some options for university residence, transportation and parking during your studies at 全球电竞直播 .
全球电竞直播 Residence and Meal Plans for MIWSFPA students
The 全球电竞直播 residences are located at the ‘main’ campus, 1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way, only a short bus ride away. All residence students are required to take a meal plan regardless of where they live in residence. Students may select various meal plan levels. The levels are only differentiated by the amount of money available on the meal plan.
- Students in traditional and semi-suite style residences may choose from 4 options.
- Students in townhouse style residences may choose from 5 options including a half price townhouse plan that allows them the ability to have the convenience of a meal plan and the ability to cook for themselves when they want to.
- All meal plans are “declining cash balance” so students can eat wherever and whenever they want (it is like a gift card and the money is deducted when they make a purchase).
For your convenience there are excellent hours of operation for the dining facilities on campus :
- Both Residence Dining Halls are open 7:30am to 1am Monday to Thursday and 7:30am to 11:30pm on Fridays. Both have a wide variety of options for students including grab and go items so they can plan ahead and grab something if they are going to be downtown for an extended period of time.
is open from 7:30am to 10:15pm from Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 8pm on Friday and 8am to 8pm on Saturday. Again, the Hungry Badger has a wide assortment of
grab and go
food along with the various stations.
- Guernsey Market is open 8:30am to 7pm Monday through Friday and 10:30am to 9:30pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Grab and go items on campus include: salads, sandwiches, wraps, sushi, hummus and veggies or crackers, cut up veggies and dip, cut up fruit, yogurt and granola plus whole fruit, chips , granola bars, energy cards etc. They also have individual grocery items such as cup of soup, cereals etc that students can purchase to eat later as well.
Remember that any leftover money on meal plans carries forward to future years as Dining Dollars. Dining Dollars can be used on campus at any Dining Services outlet.
How do I move between Campuses, and what about parking? SOME Transportation Options.
Students attending classes at the campus located in downtown St. Catharines and/or main campus will have a variety of transportation options available to them. But please note: there are limited parking spaces at the downtown campus building. Although there is no Brock student parking directly adjacent to the building there are a variety of other affordable options.
Two possibilities are:
- Students park at Brock’s main campus and take the bus to downtown.
- Students park downtown and take the bus to main campus.
Factors that students should consider when making parking and transportation decisions are:
- Where are the majority of my classes?
- How often am I on main campus and how often at the downtown campus?
- What is my preferred method of transportation ‐ bus, car, carpooling?
- What is my transportation budget?
- Where will I be living and how does that impact my transportation plan?
- Is it better for me to take public transit for all of my needs?
- Should I purchase a parking permit from Brock and use main campus as my hub to and from downtown?
- Should I purchase a monthly pass for City of St. Catharines parking facilities and use public transit to get from downtown to Brock?
- Is short‐term parking in both locations enough for me because I rarely drive a car?
- Are carpooling and cycling options for me?
Transportation and parking options for students:
- Transit: Students have access to a bus pass via their Brock ID card and bus pass sticker available through the 全球电竞直播 Student Union. This provides them with access to St. Catharines ( yourbus.com ), Niagara Falls and Welland Transit from September through April.
- Main campus: Parking permits valid at Brock’s main campus are available for purchase by 4-month or 8-month terms through Parking Services. As the downtown campus lot is very small, these permits will not be valid at the downtown campus building, only on the main campus. Permits rates vary depending on location. Visit Parking Services for current permit information. Daily rate parking is also available on Brock’s main campus for $12.00 per day – valid from 6:30 am to 2:00am (no overnight parking except for residence students with residence permits). Short‐term hourly parking is available on campus at meters and pay machines at $3.00 per hour. For more information about parking on main campus.
- Downtown: Purchase a monthly parking pass for a City of St. Catharines parking facility. Prices start at $85.00 per month for covered garage facilities or $65.00 for uncovered lots. Short‐term pay parking is available in downtown St. Catharines at meters or pay machine areas at $1.50 per hour (including at lots adjacent to the MIWSFPA and next door at the Meridian Centre). Short‐term pay parking is also available in city garage facilities. For more information about parking in downtown St. Catharines.