Tom Robinson will join 全球电竞直播 ’s business school in this volunteer role that will see him serve as a mentor to Goodman students providing insight on the realities of working in their chosen area of study, give guest presentations in courses and contribute to discussions with the School on continuous improvement strategies.
Robinson recently retired as President and CEO of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and brings with him many years of experience from his senior leadership role at AACSB, as well as his time as a Managing Director of Education globally for CFA Institute. He also provides rich academic experience as a former tenured professor in accounting at the University of Miami.
Robinson looks forward to sharing with students his personal and professional experience as a professional with the CPA, CFA and CFP designations and convey the importance that attaining a quality education in one of Goodman’s AACSB accredited programs in demonstrating quality to prospective employers.
Duties for the Executive in Residence:
- Serving as a mentor to Goodman students, discussing with them the realities of working in their field of expertise, the importance of quality assurance, and assist in student skill and network development
- Advising on current industry trends and techniques
- Available as a guest speaker in classes that align with the EIR’s expertise
- Consulting with faculty and the extended Goodman community to foster applied research opportunities
- Serving in a consultant capacity for projects in the Goodman Group
- Discussing continuous improvement strategies with the Accreditations and Quality Assurance Business unit.
Tom Robinson Biography
Thomas (Tom) Robinson is a globally-recognized educator, author and consultant. From 2015 to May 2020 he served as President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of AACSB International, the primary global accreditor and membership organization of business schools. As president and CEO, he worked alongside the organization’s board and global network of staff, members, and volunteers to foster engagement, accelerate innovation, and amplify impact in business education.
Prior to joining AACSB, Robinson spent 7 years at CFA Institute (Chartered Financial Analyst) most recently as Managing Director of the Americas and Managing Director of Education globally, providing vision and leadership for a 100+ member global team—which produced and delivered educational content and programs for candidates, members, other investment professionals, and universities. Tom also served as co-executive sponsor of CFA Institute’s Future of Finance Initiative. In 2019 Tom received the Outstanding Contribution to CFA Institute Education Programs Award, in honour of C. Stewart Sheppard. This award was established to honour a CFA charterholder in recognition of their outstanding contributions, through dedicated effort and inspiring leadership, in fostering the education of professional investors through advancement of the Body of Knowledge and development of programs, publications, or other learning tools to encourage continuing education in our profession.
Prior to joining CFA Institute, Robinson spent 14 years at the University of Miami serving as a tenured accounting faculty member and in several administrative roles including department chair, director of the Master of Professional Accounting Program and director of Personal Financial Planning programs. He founded the first CFP Board registered graduate program at an AACSB accredited business school in the mid 1990s. He taught graduate courses in financial statement analysis, personal financial planning, and valuation. Throughout his academic career, Robinson has won several teaching awards, has published regularly in academic and professional journals, and has authored or co-authored many books.
Prior to joining the University of Miami, Robinson practiced public accounting and financial planning for almost a decade, primarily with Deloitte and Pritchett Dlusky & Saxe in Columbus, Ohio. Concurrently, during his professional and academic careers, he also served as a consultant and investment advisor to individuals, law firms, accounting firms, professional associations, and governmental agencies in the areas of wealth management, financial statement analysis, and valuation.
Robinson is a CFA charterholder, a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Retired – Ohio), a Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®), and a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA). He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania, and a master’s and doctorate from the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University.
Publications by Tom Robinson:
- Asian Financial Statement Analysis: Detecting Financial Irregularities, Chin Hwee Tan and Thomas Robinson, Wiley and CFA Institute, 2014.
- The Strategic Value Investor: Practical Techniques of Leading Value Investors, Stephen Horan, Robert Johnson and Thomas Robinson, 2014, McGraw Hill.
- The New Wealth Management: The Financial Advisors Guide to Managing and Investing Client Assets. Harold Evensky, Stephen Horan and Thomas R. Robinson, 2011 Wiley and CFA Institute.
- International Financial Statement Analysis. Thomas R. Robinson, Hennie van Greuning, Elaine Henry and Michael Broihahn. Wiley/CFA Institute Investment Series, 2008. Required portion of CFA Program curriculum.
- Analysis of Equity Investments: John Stowe, Thomas Robinson, Jerry Pinto, and Dennis McLeavy, CFA Institute, 2002. Reprinted in Wiley/CFA Institute Investment Series, 2005. Second Edition 2010. Required portion of CFA Program Curriculum.