Qualtrics is a web-based survey tool used to conduct survey research, evaluations, and other data collection activities. Users with all different types of experience levels, including no experience, can use Qualtrics to conduct their research needs from any location, at any time. Qualtrics is used to build surveys, send surveys, and analyze responses.
Qualtrics is available 24/7 except during scheduled maintenance and unplanned outages.
Gaining access to Qualtrics can be done by submitting a Security Access Request Form (SARF). If you are a student, you do not have access to complete a SARF and will have to ask your department administrators to complete one for you. Faculty and staff have access to complete a SARF and can follow the steps below.
After you have been given an account and reset your password follow the steps under Returning Users to access your Qualtrics account.
1. Go to https://my.brocku.ca and log in using your Brock ID.
2. On the left side of the page, click Brock DB – Menu .
3. Under the Navigation Menu , click Department Forms then SecAccessForm .
4. Select Employee as the Type of Access and Additional Access Request as the Reason for Request .
5. Click Go.
6. A new field will appear, enter your Brock ID and click Go .
7. Beside Select Department for this Request your department should auto populate. If it is incorrect or you wish to choose a different department, select your department from the list and click Update .
8. Expand the Qualtrics section and check the checkbox beside Qualtrics Survey Access .
9. Click Submit .
Once your SARF is approved, an account will be created using your Brock ID and an email will be sent to you with login instructions.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page for all frequently asked questions about this service.
Brock ITS offers troubleshooting and support for access to accounts only. We recommend trying a different internet browser if you are experiencing issues with Qualtrics.
For all other Qualtrics support, click here .
You may also contact Qualtrics directly for support:
- Visit https://www.qualtrics.com/support-center/?Q_Language=EN
- If asked to login, select Login with SSO and enter Brock
- Click the I have a different support request button
- Select Survey Platform from the list
- Then select your preferred contact method (email, chat, phone)
If you would prefer to call instead, please use one of the following support numbers:
- Login to my.brocku.ca
- On the left pane, under My Work , click Brock DB – Menu
- Click Department Forms
- Click secAccessForm
- Select the correct account type, then Additional Access Request
- Glick Go
- Type in your Username
- Click Go
- Validate your account information and select your department
- Click Update
- Click on Qualtrics , then select the checkbox for Qualtrics Survey Access
- Add any additional comments (optional)
- Click Submit
Once complete, you will need to wait for your department to approve your request. If approved, ITS will create your account and notify you that it is ready for use within 3-5 business days from the time of the approval.
Use your staff account (if you have one) to submit the SARF (see instructions in FAQ above). Alternatively, you can work with your Professor or administrative assistant to submit the SARF on your behalf.
No, each user must have their own account.
First, make sure you are using the correct URL to access Qualtrics: https://brock.ca1.qualtrics.com
If that isn’t the problem, try a different browser. If you have multiple accounts (a student and a staff account), it’s possible that your browser has cached the credentials for your other account and is preventing you from successfully logging into your account. ITS recommends that you always use separate browsers for each account you have.
If you are still having trouble logging into your account, contact the ITS Help Desk .
At this time, there is no limitation on how long your survey can be active.
Yes, you can share surveys with any Qualtrics account and control the shared permissions from the projects page by clicking Share Project .
You must have created at least one survey in your account before the options show up to accept collaboration requests from other users. If you have not already done so, simply create a basic survey and save it. You should start to receive any collaboration requests sent to you after this.
Yes, the default set up by Qualtrics is to send an email whenever a survey response is submitted. There are also advanced features that can be set, these including sending an email when specific criteria is met on a survey response.
To set up emails, go to the survey name under My Projects . Click Tools , Triggers , then Email Triggers .
Yes, you will have to ensure to include a required question asking participants their email address. You can then create a trigger that sends an email with their responses.
Select the survey name under My Projects . Click Tools , then Email Triggers . In the message box, click the option to insert piped text. Select the question you made regarding participant’s email addresses. This will create a code that will pull out the email address from each survey, copy and paste the code into the To Email Address field. Specify your reply to address, subject and message. Check the box Include Response Report . This will now create an automatic response when the survey is submitted by participants.