Please bring your student ID with you, it is required in order to play.
Standard CASA rules will govern play with the following additions.
- All players must present their valid student ID card or Walker membership before the beginning of the game
- Games will be played 5 on 5 with a goalie. The minimum number of players is 3 and a goalie.
- The game will consist of two 20 minutes halves run time.
- The field of play consists of the walls on the side and blue line at the ends. If the ball goes behind the net it is out of play and the goalies ball. If the ball is dropped or goes off of the wall it must be covered by a players stick. Once a ball is covered by a players stick, everyone must back up and give the player space to scoop it up and pass the ball.
- The game shall be started with a face-off where the ball will start on the ground; a player from each team will put the head of their sticks next to the ball with the remainder of the stick parallel to the ground. Upon the referee blowing the whistle, the players will try to push the ball into their half of the field. All other players must be outside the center zone and in their own halves. Play will be restarted this way at the beginning of each half and after a goal. Any body contact during the face-off will result in the ball being awarded to the opposing team’s goalie.
- A goal is scored when the entire ball crosses the goal line, between the posts and under the crossbar; a goal may not be awarded from with-in the goal area (basketball key)
- No player may hold the ball for more then 10 seconds
- Feet may be used to stop the ball or to keep control of the ball (may pass to yourself) but cannot be used to pass to a teammate or score a goal. Hands may be used to stop a ball and then placed directly in front of the player. Hands may not be used to advance the ball or score a goal.
- Substitutions: substitutions can be made on the fly at the teams o wn goal line. The player must b e fully off of the court before the new player can enter.
- Games can end in a tie
- This is a NON-CONTACT/ NON-CHECKING league. The minimum penalty for checking or intentional contact will be a one (1) minute penalty. Some incidental contact may be allowed at the referee’s discretion.
- Crease Violation: no offensive player may enter the crease. If this occurs the defensive team will receive the ball behind their goal.
One (1) minute penalties – A player will serve one (1) minute penalty in the penalty box and their team will play short-handed for the following penalties:
- Illegal substitution (too many players on the court)
- Holding ** The opposing team will receive the ball. A Pushing player may be released from the penalty box early if a goal is scored against their team. **
Unsportsmanlike conduct -A player will serve one (2) minute penalty in the penalty box and their team will play short-handed for the following penalties:
- Objecting by word of mouth or action to any decision of an official (dissent)
- Reckless Actions
- ** The opposing team will receive the ball. A player may be released from the penalty box early if a goal is scored against their team. **
Ejections -Players will be ejected immediately for the following fouls:
- Receiving five (5) one minute penalties or
- Using insulting, offensive or abusive language two (2) two minute penalties
- Leaving the bench area to enter the field during
- Exhibiting violent conduct a fight or altercation
- Spitting at another person
- Physically damaging equipment or the facility
- ** The opposing team will receive the ball. Upon ejection a player may be replaced after a period of three (3) minutes **
- Advantage – If a foul occurs on a player while on offense the referee will hold up his hand signaling a foul. If the team that committed the foul gains possession of the ball, the foul will be enforced. If a goal is scored, the foul will not be enforced.