Refunds / Cancellations
Unless otherwise specified, refunds for memberships or programs already in progress will be issued within the first 2 weeks of your membership or two classes. A $15 administrative fee will be deducted.
After 2 weeks, refunds may be issued due to extreme circumstances. Written documentation may be required.
Refunds for certification programs will only be issued when the Welcome Desk receives notice of cancellation at least 5 business days prior to the course start date. This is due to financial commitments to the instructor, the certification governing body, and the 100% attendance requirement.
We reserve the right to cancel any program that does not have sufficient registration. Participants will receive a full refund and notification prior to the beginning of the course. It is the responsibility of the participants when registering to ensure the phone number, email address, and mailing address is updated/accurate in the registration system.
On occasion, certain facilities may not be available due to maintenance, special events, etc. The notice of Service Disruptions site will be updated whenever possible, but memberships will not be extended.
Summer Camps 2022 – Refund/Cancellation Policy
Camp fees can be refunded less a $20 administration fee until June 1, 2022. Between June 1, 2022, and 2-weeks prior to the camp the administration fee will rise to $50. Camp fees become non-refundable 2-weeks prior to the camp start date.
All Brock students and members of the Walker Sports Complex must check-in at the Central Equipment Room (also referred to as the cage), prior to using the facilities. Covid-19 regulations (as of Sept 22, 2021) require that those using the faciities of the Walker Sports Complex are fully vaccinated (2 approved vaccines plus 14 days) and actively screen upon each entrance. A wristband is required in all facility spaces.
全球电竞直播 requires all people who are on campus to be fully vaccinated .
All patrons are required to treat each other and the Walker Complex staff with respect. View the Respectful Work and Learning Environment Policy .
Conducting or soliciting for any form of business within the facility (i.e., private lessons, personal training, sales) is not allowed.
What to Wear to Exercise
- Proper athletic shoes and clean workout clothes (including tops and bottoms) must be worn when using the facilities in the Walker Sports Complex, including on the squash and tennis courts.
- Clothing must not have protruding metal that can cut equipment or other patrons (i.e. zippers, belts)
- Closed toe, non-marking shoes must be worn at all times and in every activity area of the Walker Sports Complex.
- Aquatic apparel must be worn in the swimming pool and family shower.
- Gym bags, knapsacks, jackets, keys and other personal items are not allowed in activity areas (gymnasia, The Zone, pool).
- It is strongly recommended that goggles be worn while playing squash.
- Anyone using the swimming pool or whirlpool is required under the Ontario Public Health Act (Reg. 565) to take a shower and rinse thoroughly before entering or re-entering the pool.
- Please wear clean, non-restricting aquatic apparel while using the aquatic centre. Street shoes are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Infants and toddlers who participate in the fun and leisure swim with a parent must wear a swim diaper. Cloth or disposable diapers are not allowed. Swim diapers are available for purchase from the Central Equipment Room.
The Walker Sports Complex is monitored by surveillance cameras 24 hours a day. Footage is monitored and reviewed by Campus Security.
Risks involved in activity
Participating in physical activity has risks, including personal injury. We recommend consulting your doctor before registering for a membership or program if you have any medical concerns. We require all members and program participants to read and sign a release of liability, waiver of claims, and indemnity agreement at the time of registration.
For the protection of all guests at the Walker Sports Complex, the use of photographic equipment including cell phones with photographic capabilities, is not allowed in the locker rooms and pool area. Use of photographic equipment in other areas of the Walker Sports Complex requires departmental and participant permission.
Guests with medical conditions using the pool
Please inform the lifeguards of any medical conditions before entering the pool so that we can assist you where necessary. We also recommend those with serious medical conditions use our facility with at least one other person who is aware of the condition.
Two public access automated external defibrillators (AED) are available in the Walker Sports Complex.
One is located outside the entrance to the locker rooms in the Walker Sports Complex. The other is at the north end of the Beddis gym corridor.
All facility supervisors and aquatic supervisors are trained to use the AED.
Emergency communication and preparedness
Learn more about emergency preparedness including relevant policies and procedures, including 全球电竞直播 ’s inclement weather policy.