Tax information for International students

If you have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) , use it to file your tax return. If not, contact Service Canada to see if you are eligible for one. For more information on how to apply for a SIN or to find a Service Canada centre near you, visit  Service Canada , or call  1-800-206-7218 .

If you are not eligible to get a SIN, complete  Form T1261, Application for a Canada Revenue Agency Individual Tax Number (ITN) for  Non-Resident s , and send it along with your tax return forms. For more information, call the CRA at  1-800-959-8281 .

Free Tax Services in the Region!

NOTE: Tax clinics are usually offered closer to tax season (approx. February to April)

Documents to bring to the tax clinic

The T2202A tuition and education deduction tax certificate are available online via the Brock student portal .

  • To access it, please log in to select the Student Self-Serve tab and then go to Tax Certificates to view or download the form as a PDF.

NOTE: The T2202A certificate is not mailed to students. Visit the Brock Finance website for updates.