Why should I go on exchange?
Immerse yourself in another country! As a Brock student, you have the opportunity to study, travel and make lifelong friends around the world. Learn more about yourself, become more independent and give your Brock degree an international edge. Share your Canadian culture abroad and in return experience the culture, lifestyle, and people of another country.
Take advantage of these opportunities to earn credit toward your degree while gaining new cultural and personal perspective. Participating on an exchange is a fun and life-changing way to broaden your horizons academically, geographically and culturally.
Upcoming information sessions
We are currently not hosting any information sessions, please check back again during the fall semester for information session dates. In the mean time, if you have any questions about the possibility of mobility experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Please read the following instructions carefully to ensure you are eligible for the exchange program.
Exchange Program Requirements
- A minimum 70 per cent overall average (some host program requirements are higher)
- Must be a Brock undergraduate student currently enrolled in classes
- Must have completed a minimum of 5.0 credits (of which at least 2.5 credits have to be Brock credits) prior to the anticipated start date of the exchange
Note: Some host programs or partners have additional eligibility requirements and/or higher academic average requirements that must be met, please check our partner institutions page to see more information.
Please read the following instructions carefully to ensure you meet all the requirements listed and submit your application properly.
Exchange Program Application Requirements
- Completed Brock Exchange Program application
- Ranking of up to 5 exchange partners/consortiums
A list of 5 courses that you would be interested in taking per partner
- E x cept for Ontario/Rhône-Alpes Exchange Program (ORA) , National Student Exchange (NSE) , and Killam Fellowships Program
- Course approvals are not needed for these courses at the time of the Brock Exchange Program application
- A statement of purpose (1 page, double-spaced, statement of your personal, academic, and professional reasons for wanting to participate in the Brock Student Exchange Program)
- Copy of your 全球电竞直播 Program Plan, from your Academic Advisor (Before you can apply, you MUST speak to your academic advisor(s) to make sure your program is fit for an exchange, if so, obtain a program plan from them and submit it)
Additional Application Requirements:
- UMAP: Students must list the UMAP host institution that they wish to apply to.
- CONAHEC: Students must list the CONAHEC host institution that they wish to apply to.
- NSE: An additional application is required to complete the Brock Student Exchange Program application process. Information about this additi onal application will be sent after the Brock Student Exchange Program application is re viewed .
Linking Applications: If you would like to be placed at the same host institution as another Brock Exchange Program Applicant, you can now link your applications. Each applicant must list the name and student ID number of the other linked app
licant(s). Any applic
are missing this information
will not be linked. All linked applicants must meet the exchange program requirements
, list the same exchange partners (in order),
and be successfully accepted into the Brock Exchange Program.
Please note that spots are li
at each of our partners and linking applications may
what placements are avai
- Linked applications are not available for the following programs : Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration (CONAHEC) , Ontario/Rhône-Alpes Exchange Program (ORA), University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP), and Killam Fellowships Program. National Student Exchange (NSE) has their own additional linking p rocess. For more information about the NSE process, please contact email@example.com
All students who submit a completed application and meet the application requirements will be interviewed by the exchange committee.
The process of deciding which exchange destination is best for you can be the most exhilarating start to your international experience. With so many unique options available, it can also be a bit overwhelming. 全球电竞直播 has many partner institutions all over the world, making it easy to find the best one. Follow these helpful tips when deciding on your exchange destination:
- Which partner university will complement your Brock program of study?
- Which university has courses that are relevant to your studies at Brock?
- Do you have many electives left, allowing you more flexibility in your choices?
- What type of city setting do you prefer: big or small?
- Would you like to learn a new language?
- Does the partner university offer courses in a language you know?
There are still some opportunities to go on exchange in 2022 and 2023. Click here to learn what schools have availability.
Contrary to popular belief, an exchange does not have to be much more expensive than staying at Brock. It costs more to participate in the exchange because you will likely participate in activities that you wouldn’t if you stayed at Brock, such as travelling, applying for study permits, etc. However, an exchange is an affordable way to study abroad because you pay your tuition to Brock .
If you qualify for OSAP, you can apply for the term/year you spend abroad. The loan programs recognize that you remain a full-time registered student at Brock, which allows you to be eligible for financial support.