Funding is available for Brock students on an international exchange program through Student Loans, Scholarships, and Bursaries. For information on funding available for students visiting Brock on an exchange program, please contact us .
Student loans – OSAP
What is OSAP?
If you’ve never applied for OSAP, now might be a good time to start. OSAP is a financial aid program funded by the federal and provincial governments for Ontario students in post-secondary studies. The OSAP application bundles loan, grant and bursary programs in one form. Loans are interest free during full-time study, and grants don’t need to be repaid. As much as $12,140 in funding is available for single students.
How do I get it?
Apply online to access OSAP funding.
Because you are going on exchange, you’ll need to keep a few extra details in mind while filling out the application:
- Apply early. You’ll want your application submitted by the end of June so that we can sort out any issues before you leave.
Select your normal Brock program.
- Student Financial Services Officers will make any required adjustments to your OSAP application based on information provided to us by the International Services department such as study start and end dates, living away from home for your exchange period, etc.
- Watch your OSAP portal for updates. OSAP won’t be able to give you an accurate estimate of funding until we update your file to confirm the dates of your exchange.
- Make sure your application is complete before you leave. If you still have issues to sort out, be sure you get in touch with our office so we can help.
- Get your money. You should see your funds transfer within three to 10 days of the start of term.
Students with previous OSAP loans who are not receiving OSAP for the exchange term must complete Continuation of Interest-Free Status/Confirmation of Enrolment (Schedule 2) to keep their previous loans in good standing during the exchange. Complete this form electronically on your OSAP portal.