The MA in Social Justice and Equity Studies is an innovative transdisciplinary graduate program that responds to the increasing need for individuals to be trained in the expanding field of social justice and equity scholarship and activism. Social justice studies is a growing field of study in Canadian universities. It is transdisciplinary, diverse and pluralistic in its theoretical traditions, substantive problematics, methods, and approaches. Students engage with faculty affiliates in critically analyzing processes and struggles associated with age, ability, gender sexuality, racism, speciesism, the environment, class and other patterns of inequality.
- MRP – 4 terms (16 months)
- MRP & Co-op – 6 terms (2 years)
- Thesis – 6 terms (2 years)
This program is funded for the defined length above as outlined on our financial page.
- January 15th
- This program is no longer accepting applicants for fall 2022 entry.
- Applications are expected to open in October for 2023 entry.